Tuesday, January 8

Gregory and Pets

I'm not sure Gregory is afraid of anything. Whenever I've seen him get hurt instead of being afraid of the thing that hurts him he attacks the thing with a vehemence.

This fearlessness shows itself especially amidst animals. John's folks have a beautiful (and blessedly gentle) English Black Lab. Gregory loves crawling up to Layla and pounding on her. At one point during the weekend he was trying to pull her under a chair to be closer to him.

Layla is so patient. Whenever the kids get to be too much, she simply moves. She actually likes them being around - they definitely give her alot more to eat by dropping and throwing things.

My brother and sister-in-law's birds were no different for Gregory. He wanted to grab, squeeze and taste both of them. I think the high point of the weekend was when their newest bird landed about 1 1/2 feet in front of him. His eyes lit up, and he took off in his effort to secure this new toy.

If it hadn't been for a attentive bird owner and a quick mom I think that bird have had an unpleasant experience.

No comments: