Friday, September 21
Book #45 - The Night Circus
I really enjoyed The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It is the type of book that I am naturally drawn toward, having fantasy and magic woven through the plot. I'm not sure I would have discovered this one by myself.
The story centers on a competition between two magicians. The circus is the platform, and the two players must somehow prove that each is better than the other. Because of the competition the circus continuously gets better and better, more and more astonishing and whimsical. But eventually the amount of magic going into it must consume someone. To add another twist, the two adversaries fall in love with each other.
Visiting this world was very enjoyable, I just wish the Night Circus was a real place and I could wander around it, discovering all of it's wonders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment