Saturday, January 19

Accidents

I don't know what to do.

Clare has been accident free for months. Potty-trained during the day without accidents since Gregory was born.

Accident free at night for several months - we gave away all of her training pants before Christmas because she had been refusing to wear them for over 2 weeks.

This week - suddenly we've had 3 accidents in 5 days. 2 at night, and the latest one during the day.

Any advice? I don't think we're going through a stressful time, I don't think she's sick either. Or is this just the normal progression of parenting? You think you've mastered a step and several months later it comes up again.

2 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

You got it. Normal, I think. I have found that if that happens a few times in a row like that it is usually related to some developmental milestone (that you aren't usually able to discern until it's in hindsight). Just go with it and try to encourage Clare's potty awareness again. Get all those great potty books out! ;)

Just my two cents.

elizabeth said...

It's just accidents she's having -it's normal for kids to do this at times - in time - she will be fine - just try not to be so hard on her - & try to give her more attention -all will be good - again !