Monday, April 2

Book #19 - Stolen World

While I was reading Stolen World by Jennie Erin Smith, John glanced at the cover of the book.  "What are you reading?"  He asked.  The cover of the book has a gecko, snake, turtle, and some kind of lizard on it.  As I described the plot to him, he couldn't imagine something that I would be less likely to read.

Boy, does my husband know me.  This non-fiction work covers the reptile smuggling trade and pet market in the United States.  I am so not into reptiles.  And this book didn't do anything to change that.  Rather it enforced the sterotypes I already carry about those in that field.  I learned more than I ever wanted to know about this subject.

And that's all I have to say about that.

*The image comes from the book which has little images of reptiles on almost every page.



No comments: