I have 2 different drawings for the following items:
Drawing #1 is for this lovely scarf. It's purple, white and pink.

Drawing # 2 are for these durable and washable hand knit potholders in Christmas colors

To enter, just leave me a comment, and please tell me what you think would be the perfect gift for a 1 year old boy for Christmas. I will draw the winners after my kids go to bed on Saturday Nov 3rd.
Make sure you head over to Bloggy Giveaways for the whole list and enter some of these give aways. They are all free, and it's just fun checking out all of the different blogs.

87 comments:
I love the items! Gift idea for a 1-year old boy would be the Wheel Pals from Tonka. We just got the car carrier for my daughter for her 1st birthday and she loves it.
I would recommend a push car for a one year old. Something they could learn to walk with, push around and then ride on. That's what all 3 of mine loved at that age! Great giveaway!!
thesmithclan@stny.rr.com
http://quietquandaries.blogspot.com/
When I had a one year old boy, it was all about balls-- anything he could roll, throw, or catch!
Valerie
mgvhmassey@comcast.net
If I had a 1 year old boy I would get him so big blocks like legos or something. Boys love to build and tear things down.
A gift for a one-year-old...building blocks. Always a winner. Thanks!
hillarycampos@gmail.com
My 18 mo old loves cars, trucks, and bikes. A Tonka truck would be a great gift!
laura_licious101@hotmail.com
Little boys love care - soft ones not to get hurt on - & blocks to build on !and lots of Books !
I would get him the gigangic quattros: like Legos only bigger. Or books. I give books to everyone.
When my son was 1 he liked anything with wheels. Come to think of it, he still does at age 5. I'm going to put in another vote for some type of car that he can learn to walk behind.
My son began reading books around 13 months. They are his favorite toys in the world. Any Eric Carle books rock! :)
Great giveaway! There are a lot of great Leap Frog toys that are educational for 1 year olds.
TheAngelForever
www.theangelforever.com
hey Christine! I would suggest a Tonka push truck (every boy needs trucks!) that is large enough for him to push around on his knees. Also, a pull train (think about the one you gave me, or the one that has blocks on it) or other pull toy, as he's beginning to toddle around! I also love any wooden stacking blocks (you know me and wooden toys!), which help with coordination and little ones love knocking them down, an activity that Clare would probably enjoy sharing in.
Any toy that they can walk behind and push.
Love the giveaway!
My son just got a 4pc set of those soft cars, they are pretty big, like an adult hand??? Anyways, Sam LOVES them! You can see pics of them on my blog with Sam's birthday party pics!
Hey I think one of those ball play yards would be a lot of fun, for indoor or outdoor use.
Shannon
How fun! I'd love to win this one! :) I have a one year old boy too...and I think a good idea is new bathtub toys...he LOVES bathtime!
My one year old little guy loved his Tonka dumptruck!Awesome giveaway! I would love to win! Thanks so much!
Anything that lights up and a telephone (no, not a real one..lol) :)
A box or whatever his brother gets lol Seriously though I think that blocks make great gifts and Lego has great ones for that age (that is what I got my youngest for his first birthday)
I'm going to have a one year old at Christmas...and with all the toys from his older brothers, it's hard to want to spend money for the sake of him having something to open, even though we don't need anymore toys!
Anything car or truck related. Those are always HUGE successes in my house!
Great giveaway!
I think a great gift for a 1 year old boy is blocks that come in a big box. I think it's a toss up as to which he would play with more ;) My little girl loved the boxes her gifts came in as much as the gifts.
elisachica@hotmail.com
i love your giveaway! the perfect gift for a one year old boy would be a large box filled with lots of other (empty) boxes! take it from a mom with 7 boys of her own, the box holds more charm than whatever came packed in it at this age! lol
Any ball or block so simple but children that age love simple.
I think balls and cars would be great for a one year old! You really can't go wrong with books, either.
Great give away~ Thanks!
My son turned one 2 days before Christmas last year. I took us forever to decide what to get him. We decided on a rocking horse! He loved it and at almost 2 he still plays with it everyday. Also board books, a ball, Little People play sets.
My son's favorite gift when he was 1 was his Leap Frog Tad. He's 4 now and it's still one of his favorites.
would love to have this :) some kind of a push car or even a rocking horse
I would love the scarf!
My little brothers liked ball towers.
sweetanlo92292@yahoo.com
enter me please
Both of those items are great!
I think for a 1 yr old some type of ride on/walk behind toy would be great.
Please enter me! My children (4, 2, 2 yrs) love Wedgits (sp?) but I think closer to 2 yrs than 1 would be best. They're awesome stacking/building toys!
AWESOME. Count me in.
info@fenicle.com
http://www.fenicle.com
COME VISIT MY GIVEAWAY!
Every little boy needs a Tonka truck!
I love that scarf!!
I really like the scarf it is so bright and pretty. A gift for a 1 year old boy, that is a toughy. Lets see........ How about that computer thing that you hook up to your t.v. and there are like 3-4 buttons, and mom and child play together. I do not remember what it is called, but I saw it at wal-mart and it is not super expensive.
A gift would be a picture book made of pictures of himself and mommy and daddy.
The scarf is beautiful!!!
I think a great gift for a one-year-old would be board books. They are sturdy and can be looked at or chewed on. Seriously, though, it's never too early to get children interested in books. The earlier the better.
I have a little girl that would love that scarf!
I'd have to second balls or building blocks for a 1 yo boy. Both of mine played for hours with them.
mrshuntinak AT msn DOT com
Well, you asked...The perfect gift for a 1yo is either a $50 savings bond for college or stock. They really don't know what is going on yet. The celebration is for you and he would be happy with an inexpensive toy. Enjoy your freedom from the expensive gifts while you can and don't get them used to it.....You will feel less pressure in the long run and the children are happy with less than most have.It would be really appreciated later. My whole family gives my grandbabies savings bonds and a small gift.That said...I love the dish cloths! Thanks, classybutearthy@yahoo.com
A soft squishy dinosaur "doll" (oly you wouldn't call it a doll, of course). I made an ugly old thing back when my son turned 1 and all three of my kids are still in love with it months later (it is made of baby flannel and is orange and pink-- if that helps with your mental image).
Sometimes I wonder if they love it out of pity.
My grandchildren are all young, and they love any of the Fisher Price Little People sets. The car garage would be fun for a boy.
Count me in Please!!
All natural wooden toys (like those from Natural Pod)
Please enter me. I think a great gift for a one year old boy would be The fisher price Big animals they have out. I bought them for my son and the train that carries them and he just loves it.
Nikki
Angelheart135@aol.com
Cute knitting! My son loves blocks and cars!
This looks maaaah-velous dahling! Put me down . . . The new Puff the Magic Dragon book it comes with the 4 song CD.
Cute items! Perfect present, gosh that is hard, I have girls. Fisher price usually has some great toys & you can look at items by age. My kids liked those push toys that helped learn to walk & had the lights etc on them.
I have a one year old, so I'm asking the same question! I'm thinking trucks for my boy... Thanks for the chance to win!
sblilly14(@)yahoo(.)com
What great gifts. That scarf would go great with a little demin purse I put fun fur on. Oh pick me -- I need to be more girly around these boys!!!
A good gift for a one year old boy....trucks, trucks...and um, more trucks. Seriously, my boys are 6 and 7, so trucks kind of rule the house. We like a block sorter that was a cookie jar. Any Little People I think is always a great choice. A one year old is at least crawling if not walking, so maybe a truck that is small enough to hold in the hand, but can also move on the floor. Hope this helps.
I have two suggestions, one is the ride-on/push toy that your second commenter also suggested. My twins love theirs. I think they came from Wal-Mart. The other idea is by Leap Frog...a table that has musical buttons and levers, things to touch all over it and it makes various sounds/music. It is available at Toys R Us.
Kathy
An empty box just big enough to crawl into and be able to turn around with a towel draped on top to cover the opening. Sounds goofy, but the next time you get a large box try it. My seven year old played with a freezer box this summer and it lasted for weeks. It was his boat, a battering ram, a rocket, and a fort off limit to girls.
Love the giveaway, please enter us
love all your blogs -keep up the good work !
what a talent. I HAVE TO HAVE THAT SCARF.
crap, I got so excited, I forgot the perfect gift.
Damn.
blocks. Definitely blocks. Educational, fun, educational... lol
I love the potholders. My son got a busy ball popper for Christmas last year(he was 1) and he loved that thing and played with it til the dogs ate all the balls.Below is a link to the toy.
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Playskool-Busy-Ball-Popper/dp/B00007G39I/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7272632-8355841?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1193857064&sr=8-1
My youngest turned one right before Christmas a few years ago and we got him some wooden cars, playsilks, and a wooden ride on firetruck. He loved them all. :)
jocoiner[at]gmail.com
please put me in the draw
jenmass37[@]gmail[.]com
What a great giveaway. Count me in!
My son was a brio train addict.
My little ones love the Little Einstein DVDs like baby Mozart.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Audra
writetome (at) thesilvas (dot) com
My son (and daughter) loved to string those big wooden beads -- so one of those bead sets would be great (also super for eye-hand coordination). mlciavola@yahoo.com
An empty box! Please count me in!
Sounds like something I would love to have, please count me in! And I have no idea, this will also be my baby's first Christmas, he'll actually turn one in January. So I will be browsing your comments for ideas as well. The empty box is a great idea, he loves those now!!
Both of those are great!!! I think that the perfect gift for a 1 year old boy or girl would be blocks. My kids all loved theirs at that age and still play with them even though the oldest is 11. lol Count me in!!
Debby
all_for_christ_6 (at) hotmail (dot) com
My son's favorite toy at that age was the leapfrog basketball set. He still plays with it at 3 years old! Enter me please apricotview at yahoo dot com
For a 1-year old I'd suggest either big blocks to build with, or anything with balls. My youngest loved playing with balls when he was 1.
Thanks for the giveaway!
I would love to win either one! Please count me in. Thanx! Email is in my profile!
I would recommend the ball popper that toysrus sales.
A fun book I think is a nice gift.
Ah - the best gift is books, books and more books! Even audio books to go to sleep to! The Bible on tape is the best to listen to going to sleep and waking up! ( :
enter me please! ( :
onecrazymom4littlemonkeys@yahoo.com
Books are always a great gift!
bwyramon@yahoo.com
I would suggest megablocks, leapfrog table or a ride on toy.
I would recommend a Christmas story cloth book :). Please enter me in your giveaway. Thanks!
Big chunky cars that he can roll and crawl after.
NO NOISY TOYS! Trust me - no mama wants them. ;-)
A nice big soft stuffed dog.
Theresa N
weceno@aol.com
These are fabulous, please count me in. Last year I got my one year old a weeb-a-lot castle and he LOVED it. Thanks!
kpuleski [at] gmail [dot] com
Love the gifts! For a 1 yr. old boy I would get a push and walk toy or the Little Tykes baseball Tee and bat!! Thanks!
Defently a drop and roll dinosaur we have one and its awsome!
Tonka Trucks have always been a big hit with my boys, starting about 1 year. Hope that helps you some! Please
add my name to the hat, if you will :)
Happy Autumn and Good luck to all!
Lib
notmuchmorethanthis [at] gmail [dot] com
Not Much More Than This
Please enter me for the scarf.
Thanks!
Amy
I love both items. I am the mother of 5 boys and I think the best toy for a 1 year old boy is blocks my favorite being Peek-A-Blocks.
For a one year old boy, I'd say the Little People toys from Fisher Price.. They have dinosaur & construction sets that are great. That, and the toys still hold their attention when they are older. My 4 year old still likes ours.
Being the mom of three boys, I have a little experience w/ boy toys. Legos are always a super choice for any boy/any age. They have very large chunky ones that even a toddler will enjoy. Also, consider trucks, cars, transportation. Either a little firetruck or dump truck big enough to ride or chunky little cars that fit well in thier hands. Discovery toys had these great trucks that my boys loved. Came in a set of three, and you pulled them backwards and they raced across the floor. They were brightly colored and just the right size for little hands...HTH
As for the contest, I would adore the scarf as we have just moved to TN from the sunny state of FL. I am already cold.
A gift for a 1 year old.
Here they all loved duplo trains.
What a great give-away. I love the scarf.
I would love to win, so enter me please.
Thanks!
You can find contact with me through the contactform at the right top of my site, called: "contactform".
http://laaneworld.blogspot.com
Feel welcome to enter my give-away!
count me in! :)
we have a 1 yr old boy. he loves trucks, cars- again, anything he can push :)
My little man will be one in two weeks and we are getting him an activity table that he can walk around and play with the toys (they light up, play music etc).
I'd love those items!!!
My son is 17 months and we are getting him a Kitchen set for Christmas. Nothing fancy, but I know he will love it. :)
Hope I am not too late, please enter me in your give-away :)
I would recommend cars, I have seen large ones which are sort of like nurf cars and are great fun to push around (even my daughter liked them)
Yes, please!! I love love love the scarf!
My son really liked puzzles when he was one. (he still does at 4!)
My experience is that boys like trucks at any age. Any big construction-type vehicle would be perfect for his age. Thanks for the giveaways! Both items are great!
Post a Comment